This second step is required for any ministry volunteer applying to work with children and/or youth in the church.
It is assumed you have already competed Step 1. There are three parts to Step 2.;
- Complete the Triumphantlife 101 course. You can download the handout 101 Discover Your Membership in Christ and Your Church
- Complete Reducing the Risk training (see below, in next section)
- Complete and submit a background check application. The application is available HERE. You should complete and sign this form before turning it into the office. (Background checks are required for anyone working with or having interaction with children. The processing fee is paid by the church.)
Reducing the Risk Training
God intends for our children and youth to meet and accept Jesus Christ early in life and to realize their full potential in the Holy Spirit without the wounds of abuse to slow down their spiritual growth and development. These four video sessions focus on biblical principles applying how to help children and youth mature with little or no impact from abuse or maltreatment.
The following participant handout material is available for download while viewing these videos.; We ask each person to read and complete the handouts as part of the viewing process.
- Here are the English participant handouts Download Sessions 1-4 (PDF, 2.51 MB)
- Aquí está el material en Español Download Sessions 1-4 (Español) (PDF, 2.5 MB)
These four 20-minute training videos, hosted by Foursquare leaders, personalizes the concern of The Foursquare Church and Triumphantlife for our children and youth, bringing into focus the need for awareness and prevention of abuse and maltreatment in our ministries.
If you are going to become a team leader you will also be expected to read and understand the material in the:
El Manual de Protección de Jóvenes y Niños y las series de capacitación también están disponibles en español.